To take control over what ingredients go into breakfast, we started making our own muesli at home. The result is a product that is ethical, exactly tailored to taste and texture, with a cost-saving benefit versus store-bought options.
Here is a guide to our favorite homemade muesli recipe. It is completely flexible so you can add the proportions that suite your pallet.
DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY HOMEMADE MUESLI RECIPE
- * 3 cups of oats
- * 2 cups of seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower)
- * 1 cup of nuts (almond flakes)
- * 1 cup of raisins
- * ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Spread the oats in a baking tray/dish and toast the oats under the grill for 2 minutes, stir and toast for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pink salt, seeds and nuts, mix and place under the grill for 1 minute.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Add raisins, mix and place and a sealable container.
Voila! Easy, healthy, unsweetened muesli that can be enjoyed with milk/yoghurt and fresh fruit. You can also add a teaspoon of honey for extra sweetness if necessary. Enjoy!