Join the Grindrod Pondo Pedal MTB Race from 7-11 June 2017 and enjoy Umngazi’s warm hospitality, cycle beautiful coastlines and help uplift the neediest learners of the local community.
Situated in the lush, indigenous surroundings of the breathtaking Wild Coast in the Eastern Cape, Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa offers the opportunity to cycle one of the most beautiful, unspoilt coastlines along the South African coast.
The 4 day Grindrod Bank Umngazi Pondo Pedal is the epitome of purist MTB racing. The race caters for a variety of intermediate and advanced biking appetites, from nature lovers, to adventure seekers and racing snakes. Competitors will endure 115 kilometers of varied terrain: cattle track, single track, district roads and swamp trails.
Team of 2 Entry Fee: R16 500
* 4 Night’s Accommodation at Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa (based on sharing and incl. all meals).
* Race entry to 3 days of stage racing.
* Awesome Goodie Bags.
* Race Garment for all Riders.
* Welcome drinks and race briefing each day.
* Refreshment table on route each day.
* Complimentary bike wash each day.
* Permits to enter the Silaka Nature reserve on route.
* Umngazana Ferry transport fees for on-route.
* Donation and support of Umngazi’s local community upliftment projects.
* Bike Mechanic and servicing available each day.
* Race Photographer on-route each day.
Umngazi River Bungalows & Spa is an award winning family resort and spa that presents a paradise lost in time, ready to be explored; a special place to connect with the intuitive beauty of nature, to embark on an adventure and find your peace in its tranquility. The bungalows are nestled amongst the abundant fauna and flora that only the real heart of Pondoland can offer; perched on the hillside overlooking the Umngazi River mouth, with panoramic views of the stirring Wild Coast. View accommodation and facilities.
Green acts for sustainable tourism in South Africa: Recycling, Responsible body products, Local & Organic produce, Water Wise practices, Sustainable energy acumen, Community Upliftment projects.