YOUR GREEN HEART GUIDE TO ECO-FRIENDLY ACCOMMODATION IN SOUTH AFRICA
lovetostay.co.za is a functional and detailed web-based eco-friendly accommodation directory featuring extraordinary holiday and business accommodation throughout the abundant travel destinations of South Africa.
With a conscious focus on beautiful places and sacred spaces, our principals are those of nature conservation; green environmental initiatives and the upliftment and fair treatment of local folk; as such we aim to actively promote establishments with aligning practices.
Our website and supporting social media platforms also serve to raise awareness and action for the good of the global eco-movement and mankind. We aspire to inspire, to motivate, educate and assist with regards to green thinking and proactive problem solving to create positive change.
Make a positive contribution to a sustainable future where all humanity lives in harmony with Mother Nature.
Facilitate the change to sustainable living by sharing knowledge, promoting eco-consciousness and advocating responsible solutions and initiatives.
GREEN HEARTS AWARDS
Each qualifying establishment on lovetostay.co.za is awarded between 1 and 5 Green Hearts for Green Acts based on their unique eco-efforts. We highlight these practices to commend the places that are contributing to sustainable tourism and so that they may serve as inspiration to others. Green Hearts are earned by implementing the following key practices:
- RECYCLING: Practice the “reduce, reuse, recycle” philosophy. Recycling of glass, plastic, paper, tin, e-waste and composting of organic waste.
- GREEN CLEANING: Use of environmentally-friendly, biodegradable cleaning products.
- RESPONSIBLE BODY PRODUCTS: Provide natural and cruelty-free toiletries in guest bathrooms.
- LOCAL & ORGANIC PRODUCE: Source ethical suppliers and goods from the local community and ensuring predominantly organic/free range/responsibly farmed ingredients in meals served.
- WATER WISE PRACTICES: This refers to the way establishments reduce their water consumption e.g. harvest rain water, use grey water for the garden, have an indigenous garden, use drip irrigation, install reduced flow shower heads etc.
- SUSTAINABLE ENERGY ACUMEN: This refers to renewable energy harnessed through solar and wind as well as energy saving practices and technologies e.g. energy efficient appliances, LED lighting and geyser timers.
- ECO ARCHITECTURE: This refers to the green design of buildings, the materials used and the way construction is executed – all being of an environmentally-friendly nature.
- LAND REHABILITATION: Proactive involvement in the removal of alien plant species and nursing damaged land back to its former natural state.
- CONSERVATION: The protection of land, animals, plants and natural resources.
- COMMUNITY UPLIFTMENT PROJECTS: Initiate or participate in sustainable and charitable initiatives that benefit the local community and/or environment.